Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 December 2012

I AM POISE

My names are Adeosun Oluwatoyin Oyekanmi, I am the 6th child of a family of 6 children; I was born on 12th of April 1990
I hail from Ita-oshin in Abeokuta North LGA of Ogun State. I’m from a family of business-oriented individuals. Dad is late (2008).

School/ Education:
Graduate of Lead City University, Ibadan (International Relations)

Career History:
Poise Clothing Company started in 2005. it all began with drawing and painting at age 5, and later making greeting cards and artistic frames. These works were inspired by my elder brother, MR MUYIWA ADEOSUN. I moved to the next phase of clothing in my secondary school days of ss1, which was year 2005 beginning with customizing clothes, belts and other fashion accessories. Upon consultation with my elder brother, MR ADELEKE DAVID ADEKUNLE , the name POISE came into existence, and I embarked on branding efforts. MR ADELEKE DAVID -my elder brother, has been a great backbone in my career and a Mentor.

Antecedents:
I have clothed eminent individuals in Nigeria including ID CABASA, H-MAN, AJAYI BROTHERS, Pastor YEMI OJELADE of Global Impact Church Surulere, PRINCE WILLIAMS,Jazzy bee, MRS SHOLA ALLYSON, OLAMIDE and also clients from U.S.A, CYPRUS, UK,UKRAIN, S.A e.t.c.  I have also created clothing for IT CONCEPT, GRANDEZZA CONCEPTS, POPSONY PETROLEUM, HAIR ALIVE INDUSTRIES GEORGIA U.SA.,, ART FLAMES ENTERTAINMENT, LORET ENTERTAINMENT, WEALTH ISLAND PROPERTIES, HUB OF ICONS, DREAMS COME TRUE BY JAZZY B, SPECIAL TOURS AND TRAVEL, NEWS OF THE PEOPLE MAGAZINE, CORE MEDIA INTERNATIONAL and several costumes for dance groups and clubs in LEAD CITY University and other universities.

Awards and Endorsements:
Poise Clothing Company was endorsed by His Excellency, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, Executive Governor of Oyo State. I received an award for the 'STUDENT ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR' from the department of Politics and International Relations, Lead City University Ibadan 2011, 2013 AND 2014. I was awarded the "STUDENT OWNED COMPANY 2011'' by TUSH ALL YOUTH AND UNIVERSITIES AWARD 2011 and also '' BEST YOUTH FASHON DESIGNER OF THE YEAR 2012'' at the ''TUSH ALL YOUTH AWARDS'', POISE AWARDS 2014.


Training and Development Strides:
I have been trained on "EXCEPTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS'" at the Icon Leadership and Training Center (ICLC); I had  a 6months intensive course on Diplomacy, and a course on "Workplace Effectiveness''. I have suscribed to Life Coaching on career over the last 6years. I have attended the Global Impact School Of Ministry and Leadership. I have also benefitted from Career mentoring by Modela and Nobel Afrik. In August 2012, I was one of the facilitators at the Global Impact teenagers Summer Boot Camp on Career alongside 9ice. I am a member of the leader ship 500 team and also attended the D818 training on Leadership, Becoming a Better Entrepreneur Certification Trainning, HSE 1 AND 2.

PROFESSIONAL FASHION SHOWS; 
 I exhibited my first collection in QUAZZY 1 - Loret Fashion Show in Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) in 2006, also at ''DRTEAMS COME TRUE'' WITH JAZYBEE 2011, ANKARA  FASHION SHOW 2012 and ''NIGERIA TELEVISION FASHION SHOW 2012'' CHICK AND TRENDY, SNAAP STYLE FASHION SHOW 2013, NUBIAN DIAMOND FASHION SHOW 2014, CHARITY FASHION SHOW 2014.

Values & Attitude to Life:
I believe in the power of possibilities. I depend so much on God, the source of inspiration and creativity. My attitude to life is that of value; I never despise little beginnings that is why my little start has become what it is today. My work values include sacrifice, endurance, credibility, quality input and energy, problem-solving speed, creativity, focus and the capacity to dream big. I don’t engage in shortcuts to become great because “He who jumps will surely come down, but he who climbs surely stay on top”. I see failure as an event that gives room for improvement in the next trial; so I never throw in the towel.

WORDS FOR YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS:
I get inspired when i see young individuals performing great in their field, keep on the good job and always remember that '' anything worth doing at all is worth doing well''. You cant tell where the good jobs You do today will take You to in the nearest future. stay focused and never get carried away by the little success you achieve today because you can always be better, also guide against pride so u can remain relevant in your industry, thanks.

CONTACT  +2347032717108, +2348054890139.
BLOG: www.poiseclothingcompany.blogspot.com
TWITTER @PoiseClothing,
FACEBOOK FANS PAGE... POISE CLOTHING COMPANY.
PERSONAL FACEBOOK ACCOUNT Adeosun Oluwatoyin.
FACEBOOK FANPAGE - POISE CLOTHING COMPANY

2 comments: